Explore and critically analyse a variety of management tools and techniques
During this short course, you’ll have the opportunity to build on the skills development from Short Course 1 and critically analyse a number of management techniques.
You’ll consider the importance of ethical decision-making in healthcare management and will have the opportunity to receive help with the CU ethics process and application.
- Healthcare management problems and the application of management tools and techniques
- The nature and extent of these problems and the importance of addressing them to the organisation, health economy and population it serves
- Factors including ethics
- The completion and submission of a CU Ethics application
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Critically appraise a range of relevant management tools and techniques in the analysis of a defined healthcare management issue
- Apply knowledge and skills of effective searching in order to locate and critically analyse relevant literature to inform proposed solutions to the healthcare management issue
- Critically appraise a range evidence that makes ‘the case’ for the proposed solution
- Critically evaluate how the ethical principles of beneficence, no-maleficence, fairness and autonomy provide justification for the business proposal
- Demonstrate understanding of CU Ethics by completing an online application and gaining approval to proceed with the desk-based project
Who is the course for?
MBA healthcare sector students in their final semester.
Please note that the individuals detailed in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below, are current staff members and may be subject to change.