Examples of bubble sorts from the web
There are pleanty of interactive bubble sort demonstrations available on the web. Before you go ahead and program your own bubble sort algorithm, have a look at one of the web pages below.
- Sorting Problem and Sorting Algorithms at visualgo.net
- Sorting Algorithms at advanced-ict.info
- The Bubble Sort at interactivepython.org
While playing with the visualisations, ask yourself some of the following questions.
How well does the bubble sort algorithm work when sorting a list that is:
- Randomly ordered?
- Sorted, but from highest to lowest?
- Nearly sorted (just one item out of place)?
- Already sorted?
Discuss your findings in the comments.