Weekly study2 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Extra BenefitsFrom $49
Programming 102: Think Like a Computer Scientist
Find out what else you can do with Python
On this course, you’ll explore Python programming at an intermediate level.
You’ll discover how to break down problems into smaller parts, and then design and apply algorithms to data. You’ll also explore list structures and their various uses.
Ultimately, what you learn will build upon your foundational Python skills - preparing you to progress onto more advanced programming.
- Use functions with parameters and return values
- Design and apply algorithms to data
- Breaking down problems into smaller parts
- Searching and sorting
- Efficiency of algorithms
- Understanding of list structures and their uses
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Produce your own functions to break down problems into more manageable parts
- Apply several common search and sort algorithms to data
- Compare the efficiency of algorithms
- Modify functions to take parameters and output return values
- Interpret algorithms expressed in plain English, in pseudocde and as flowcharts
Who is the course for?
This course would suit teachers with some Python experience, who are able to write simple programs demonstrating sequencing, selection, iteration and data types.
What software or tools do you need?
To take part in this course you’ll need to download Python, or use an online IDE.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.