Weekly study4 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 1 of 3
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Programming Essentials with Python: Source Code and Solutions Architecture
What does programming involve, what are the most commonly used programming languages, and what are their applications?
This introductory course will teach you the fundamentals required to become a successful programming professional. You’ll learn Python programming essentials and find out why the software has grown in popularity.
What is Python used for? A beginner’s programming guide
Many of the world’s biggest online companies, including Google, Dropbox and Instagram, heavily rely on Python to program their back-end. It’s also widely used by scientists, mathematicians, and in academia. But what is Python programming and why is it so popular?
The course will teach you the fundamentals of this programming language, and programming in general. You’ll learn how Python is installed and set up. And you’ll find out how to install libraries in Python and gain an understanding of code execution.
Understand how to use source code in programming
First, you’ll learn about source code programming in the context of coding.
You’ll examine the types of errors that may occur, and how to troubleshoot and fix them. You’ll learn about code flows, including loops and conditions, along with sequential, conditional and branching code flows.
You’ll also develop your understanding of variables and data types, symbols and operators, plus keywords and identifiers.
Learn how solutions architecture relates to programming
As well as covering the basics of programming for beginners, you’ll also examine how a solutions architect helps organisations to develop new applications for services.
You’ll look at the role, processes and responsibilities of solutions architects and how they’re integral to solving technical business problems, before getting to grips with the basics of how solutions architecture works.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Articulate the basics of programming
- Identify critical traits of solutions architecture
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for professionals looking to build confidence in Python and other programming languages.
It’s ideally suited to career-changers seeking a programming role, established technology professionals, and tech team leaders.
What software or tools do you need?
On this course we’ll be using Python. We recommend you use a computer to access these elements.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends