- Duration6 weeks
- Weekly study4 hours
- 100% onlineTry this course for free
- Extra BenefitsFrom $74
Programming for Everybody (Getting Started with Python)
Learn Python from scratch and prepare yourself for a future in programming
On this programming course, you’ll go from a complete beginner with no prior programming experience to having a solid understanding of the Python programming language.
You’ll begin by completing basic exercises that focus on the core concepts of programming. As you progress, you’ll learn how to use variables to store, retrieve and calculate information. You’ll then install Python, write your first program, and get to grips with utilize core programming tools like functions and loops.
Upon completion of this course, you’ll have the computer programming skills to further your learning alone.
- Understanding a program
- Using variables in programs
- Conditional execution (if statements)
- Repeated execution / looping (for statements)
- Functions and code reuse
When would you like to start?
Start straight away and learn at your own pace. If the course hasn’t started yet you’ll see the future date listed below.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Describe the basics of the Python programming language
- Use variables to store, retrieve and calculate information
- Install Python and write your first program
- Utilize core programming tools such as functions and loops
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone who wants to learn the basics of programming computers using Python. This course has no prerequisites and avoids all but the simplest maths.
Who developed the course?
As the #1 public research university in the United States, U-M has been a leader in research, learning, and teaching for more than 200 years, with 102 Grad programs in the top 10 — U.S. News & World Report (2019).
- LocationAnn Arbor, Michigan, USA
- World rankingTop 30Source: Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
for one year
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Get a taste of this course
Find out what this course is like by previewing some of the course steps before you join:
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #Python to talk about this course on social media.