Weekly study8 hours
Project Planning and Communication
Master key project planning techniques to ensure successful delivery
What does it take to become a professional project manager? Find out on this comprehensive course, covering project planning, project communications and stakeholder engagement.
Increase your knowledge and skills on key topics, such as developing a project schedule, factoring in potential constraints, optimising resource allocation, and identifying and engaging stakeholders.
- Identify requirements and produce the scope and specification
- Create a work breakdown structure
- Estimate activity duration
- Develop a project schedule and optimise it to accommodate project constraints
- Identify and schedule resources
- Optimise the allocation of resources
- Understand stakeholder engagement, types of stakeholders, and their roles, influence and power
- Develop a stakeholder engagement plan
- Identify, categorise and prioritise stakeholders
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Develop a project management plan that documents the actions necessary to define and coordinate activities, assesses project deliverables, and ensure the control and management of cost, schedule, and changes to the project
- Assess the interaction between the various components of a project, and evaluate and critique how changes in one component can influence how the project manager should adjust their activities, and communicate the results to stakeholders
- Assess the nature of stakeholder groups and summarise their impact on project performance
- Reflect on the suite of appropriate strategies for stakeholder management, and recommend an approach based upon stakeholder strengths and weaknesses, their impact on the project, and other categories of stakeholder characteristics
- Design a stakeholder engagement plan that includes approaches to issues such as communication, ethics and leadership
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone wishing to learn how to deliver strategic change through project management in business.
Please note that the individuals detailed in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below, are current staff members and may be subject to change.