Weekly study8 hours
Project Risk and Control Management
Discover ways to ensure the smooth-running of a project through risk analysis
When obstacles present themselves during a project, how should you handle them? The objective of this course is to equip you with advanced skills in project management related to risk and control management.
Learn how to monitor project performance, identify risks, and address potential threats to an otherwise successful outcome.
You will perform qualitative and quantitative risk analysis, create a risk-management plan, manage the treatment of risks, and evaluate discrepancies relating to the scope, cost and schedule of a project.
- Chart project progress and performance
- Identify changes to the project baseline
- Change control and configuration management
- Earned value management to monitor and control cost
- Identify risks and opportunities
- Explore the project risk analysis management process
- Identify sources of risk
- Perform qualitative and quantitative risk analyses
- Create a risk management plan
- Consider the roles and responsibilities in risk management
- Examine the organisational structure for risk management
- Establish a risk response plan
- Manage the treatment of risks
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Evaluate variances as they pertain to project scope, cost, and schedule, and demonstrate how to formally communicate such variances to the stakeholders
- Develop a qualitative risk assessment
- Evaluate the nature of risk and opportunity, and construct a prioritised risk register
- Classify the project risks and construct a prioritised risk register with a risk response plan
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone wishing to learn how to deliver strategic change through project management in business.
Please note that the individuals detailed in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below, are current staff members and may be subject to change.