Improve your understanding of the psychological impact of COVID-19
The coronavirus pandemic is placing unprecedented mental strain on people around the world. You may be caring for someone vulnerable, struggling with finances, at risk yourself, or even grieving a loved one. All our lives have been affected.
On this course, you’ll identify the factors specific to COVID-19 that impact our wellbeing and mental health – at an individual, group and societal level.
You’ll learn helpful strategies and advice on how to deal with the anxiety and uncertainty of COVID-19, cope with its challenges, and ultimately prepare for life after coronavirus.
Week 1: The Psychological Impact of COVID-19
Week 2: Steps to Take to Cope with COVID-19
Week 3: What Next? Preparing for Life after COVID-19
When would you like to start?
Date to be announced
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Improve understanding of the psychological impact of COVID-19 on wellbeing and mental health in society
- Develop knowledge of the impact of COVID-19 on me and those around me
- Improve ability to apply knowledge around managing my own wellbeing and mental health during COVID-19
- Improve understanding of the psychological impact of COVID-19 on my support network, work colleagues and local community
- Engage with peers to create learning opportunities with others interested in mental health and COVID-19
- Reflect on the experiences of others regarding COVID-19
Who is the course for?
This course would be useful for the general public as it considers the issues from a wide range of perspectives. It would benefit mental healthcare service users, carers, families, and health and social care workers, in addition to anyone else impacted by coronavirus across society. It has a special focus on healthcare workforce issues.
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #Covid19ImpactTPML to talk about this course on social media.