- Duration2 weeks
- Weekly study3 hours
- Extra BenefitsFrom $74
Research for Construction Management
Discover how contemporary issues affect construction management
On this course you will consider global contemporary issues in construction management and how they affect the socio-economic development offered by the construction industry.
You will have the opportunity to learn the importance of good construction project cost management and get an introduction to common approaches to construction research, including research strategies and formulation of research questions.
You will finish the course by exploring a typical framework for a research proposal and drafting a research proposal of your own for other learners to review.
- The characteristics of a construction project
- The different industry views on construction project cost management
- Explore contemporary issues in construction project management
- An introduction to research design and the different research paradigms
- An overview of common research strategies and research methods
When would you like to start?
Start straight away and learn at your own pace. If the course hasn’t started yet you’ll see the future date listed below.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore what research is and why it is important
- Explore the research process
- Develop and derive a suitable research question
- Summarise how to utilise library resources for research
- Explore effective research strategies
- Describe the role of literature review
Who is the course for?
This course is for professionals and students who are involved with construction management, and project and cost management in the construction industry. It will be particularly useful to those who wish to update their research skills.
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
for one year
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
What's different about this course?
Since 2017 you have been able to take a degree on FutureLearn. This free course is a bit like a starter course for a degree — it should give you a flavour of the degree subject but can also be your first step towards a degree qualification.
If you enjoy this course you can apply to join the program it’s part of to start working towards a degree on FutureLearn.
Don’t worry, you can still take the course without doing a full degree!