Celebrate Robert Burns with this free online course.
This free course from the Centre for Robert Burns Studies, University of Glasgow, will introduce you to the life, works and global celebrity of Robert Burns.
You’ll examine poems, songs, manuscripts, and objects used to commemorate the poet. You’ll also develop your understanding of Robert Burns’s posthumous reputation - from Burns Suppers and Burns Night through to Hogmanay.
What topics will you cover?
- The cultural reputation of Robert Burns as patriot, lover, and man of the people
- Robert Burns as poet and songwriter
- Major works such as ‘Scots Wha Hae’, ‘Ae Fond Kiss’, ‘A Man’s a Man’, ‘The Vision’, and ‘Auld Lang Syne’
- The commemoration of Burns in material culture
- The international celebrity and legacy of Burns
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLRobertBurns to talk about this course on social media.