Weekly study4 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 4 of 4
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Search Marketing: Measuring Search Marketing
Discover how to continually improve your search marketing activity
Both search engine optimisation (SEO) and pay per click (PPC) have a wide range of variables that can impact the performance of campaigns.
On this course, you’ll explore how to measure the different elements of your search activity and campaigns to maximise their performance.
Learn how to get the best from paid search and SEO tools
You’ll gain hands-on experience of how to analyse and measure your search marketing campaigns with Google Search Console and other third-party SEO tools, as well as within advert platforms, such as Google Ads.
You’ll look at a range of metrics that can help improve your rankings and increase traffic and goal completion on your website. You’ll discover how to measure your average position in search rankings and explore on-page optimisation scores and how to interpret them and improve performance.
Explore how to use attribution models to calculate return on investment
You’ll develop the skills to gather key information about click-through rates and campaign optimisation, which will be crucial to your ability to get the most from your paid search campaigns.
Finally, you’ll look at calculating your ROI, exploring how attribution modelling can be used to see how SEO and PPC work together, and ensuring ongoing improvement using the analytics analysis you’ve gained throughout the two week-course.
Designed by digital marketing experts Target Internet and The Open University
You’ll learn with Target Internet’s CEO Daniel Rowles. An award-winning author and voice of the Digital Marketing Podcast, he’s provided expertise to the likes of the BBC, Sony, Tesco, Vodafone, Mercedes, L’Oréal and Warner Bros.
By the end of this course, you’ll have the skills and knowledge to make search marketing work for your organisation or take the next step in your career.
- Taking an iterative approach to search marketing
- Calculating ROI for search engine optimisation
- Calculating ROI for pay per click
- Using web analytics (Google Analytics) for measuring and improving search marketing
- Using Search Console for measuring and improving SEO
- Attribution modelling for gaining a more in-depth understanding of the impact of search marketing
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Discuss how to take an iterative approach to search marketing that leads to on-going campaign improvement
- Describe the differences in measuring ROI for organic and paid search activity
- Engage with tools like Google Analytics and Search Console to measure and improve search marketing
- Explore how attribution modelling can be used to see how SEO and PPC work together
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone who would like to increase their awareness and understanding of search marketing. You don’t need any prior knowledge, although any work experience will help contextualise and enhance your learning.
Who developed the course?
As the UK’s largest university, The Open University (OU) supports thousands of students to achieve their goals and ambitions via supported distance learning, helping to fit learning around professional and personal life commitments.
LocationMilton Keynes, UK
World rankingTop 510Source: Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020
Target Internet delivers digital marketing training to some of the world’s leading organisations, as well as building online learning that is used in over 100 countries worldwide. As publishers of the global Digital Marketing Skills Benchmark and the Digital Marketing Podcast, they have unrivalled access to market insights and expertise.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends