Weekly study4 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 2 of 4
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Search Marketing: Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
Discover tips and techniques to get smart with search engine optimisation (SEO)
Getting your search engine optimisation (SEO) right is the all-important way to increase the visibility of your website on popular search engine results pages (SERP).
This two-week course is your step-by-step guide to SEO and how to get the best from it.
Develop practical skills in search engine optimisation
You’ll learn about search engine crawlers or spiders, including how they work, algorithms and ranking factors, and how to focus on keyword research to find out what your target audience is searching for. You’ll be introduced to a range of free tools to help identify search behaviours and phrases, so you can create content that answers your users’ needs.
Explore how to maximise your web pages to achieve quality search results
You’ll learn about on-page SEO and how to optimise your web pages for search engines to crawl and index, including how to write meta titles, meta descriptions and link text. You’ll discover how to use link building and social signals to boost your results by getting others to ‘point’ back to your content from their websites and social media posts.
Put user behaviour at the centre of your SEO strategy
By understanding user behaviour and learning how to carry out an SEO audit, you’ll learn how to adapt content to improve the discoverability of your website. You’ll also explore the basics of technical SEO that you need to consider, such as load times and how to structure URLs.
Learn from digital marketing experts
You’ll learn with Lead Educator Daniel Rowles of Target Internet, who will share his expertise gained from more than 20 years as a digital marketing practitioner.
By the end of this course, you’ll have the skills and knowledge to look at your website critically and make practical improvements straight away.
- Search engine algorithms and ranking factors
- Keyword research and user intent
- SEO planning and tools
- On-page optimisation
- User behaviour
- Social signals
- Technical SEO factors
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explain how organic search works and the role of search engine spiders and algorithms
- Explore keyword research tools and how they can be used to plan SEO activity
- Apply learning to carry out an SEO audit
- Identify the key stages of search engine optimisation
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone who would like to increase their awareness and understanding of search marketing. You don’t need any prior knowledge, although any work experience will help contextualise and enhance your learning.
Who developed the course?
LocationMilton Keynes, UK
World rankingTop 510Source: Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020
Target Internet delivers digital training to some of the world’s leading organisations, as well as building online learning that is used in over 100 countries worldwide. As publishers of the global Digital Marketing Skills Benchmark and the Digital Marketing Podcast, they have unrivalled access to market insights and expertise.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends