What topics will you cover?
- The growth of the shared economy across multiple sectors which highlights the rapid global and community trend.
- How entrepreneurs have used sharing economy models to start new business opportunities.
- The different consumer experiences when using share economy brands to identify the incentives and challenges associated with each model.
- Different ways in which value is created and exchanged in the sharing economy.
- The role of the global financial crises and how it influences consumer and social consumption behaviour.
- The types of regulation that are currently in place or should be introduced to the sharing economy market to better protect the consumer.
- The environment benefits from the reuse of goods and how it can impact costs.
- The distinction between ‘sharing for profit’ and traditional sharing to inform your views on the future trend of the sharing economy.
- The implications of the sharing economy on consumption and its impact on the behaviour of peer-to-peer sharing participants and their reliance on trust currency.
When would you like to start?
What will you achieve?
Who is the course for?
This course is aimed at professionals and students in disciplines of operations, finance, marketing, or human resources, who wish to learn more about the share economy.
What software or tools do you need?
To take part in this course, you'll need:
- A computer or laptop, with access to the Internet.
- Computer audio output.
- Adobe Reader; and
- A computer mouse.
Get extra benefits, upgrade this course. For £69 you’ll get:
Upgrading will mean you get unlimited access to the course.
If you’re taking a course for free you have access to the course for its duration + 14 days, regardless of when you join. If you upgrade the course you have access for as long as the course exists on FutureLearn.
Access to tests
When you upgrade you’ll have access to any tests during the course.
To receive a Certificate of Achievement you need to take any tests and score over 70%. You don’t get access to tests if you choose take to a course for free.
A Certificate of Achievement
Upgrading means you’ll receive a Certificate of Achievement when you complete the course.
To receive a Certificate of Achievement you need to mark 90% of the steps on the course as complete, and score over 70% on any course tests.
Share this course
Use the hashtag #FLRMITShareEconomy to join and contribute to social media conversations about this course