Social Innovation Competition
Throughout the course, you’ve generated an innovative idea, worked on developing a business model, and planned out how to take your social enterprise to market. You’re ready to enter our competition!
Here’s what you need to do to submit
• Upload a 3-5 minute video to YouTube.
What are we looking for?
• What problem are you solving, and what is your idea for a solution?
• What is your venture model?
• What action have you taken to make this idea a reality?
We aren’t expecting fully formed ventures; we are looking for great examples of action taken on your idea.
The selection process will be in two parts. Judging will first come from other learners, through the number of likes given to the submission comment. After this, the educators will evaluate the top 10 submissions with the most number of likes.
You’ll be judged on the following criteria:
• Effective problem/solution link
• Clarity of venture model design
• Evidence of action taken during the course
You may participate in the challenge either as an individual or as a team. Feel free to use the comments and discussions in the course to identify potential collaborators. You can work together on developing your social enterprise idea, using the guidance provided in the course steps.
Ensure the Privacy Settings when you upload your video on Youtube are changed to ‘Unlisted’ or ‘Public’.
Paste the URL to your video in the comments on this step. In your comment, please briefly summarise your solution to the problem you are targeting.
Ensure that you complete all of the above by the end of Week 3. Any URLs submitted after this date will not be entered.
Don’t forget to watch other videos and give your vote by liking your favorite(s) in the comments below. Although submission will remain open after the course end date, remember that the earlier you submit, the better your chance of getting likes from other learners.
The top 10 submissions with the most likes from other learners in the comments on FutureLearn will advance to the final evaluation round. A jury will make a final decision on the winner of the International Upcycling Business Competition.
The winning project will be provided the following as a prize package:
• Two coaching sessions of one hour (via phone, Skype or other online communication service) with an appropriate coach as recommended by the jury.
• Publicity as a winner of the International Social Innovation Competition
How we will contact the winner:
1) Minca Ventures Ltd will comment on the winning learner’s comment, explain to the learner that they’ve won and ask them to get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org, if they want to claim the prize of their feedback, mentoring etc.
2) The learner should then get in touch with Minca Ventures Ltd at that email address, if they want, and all follow up communications will take place off platform.