What topics will you cover?
- How the major social media networks are evolving
- What our social media profiles say about us
- Introduction to the properties that allow networks to be described and compared
- Analysis of a simple Twitter-like social network to identify which of its participants is the most powerful and influential individual
- Using network analytics of social networks as predictors of events in the real world
- Building a personal brand or community around a product or cause
- Advantages and disadvantages of using social media for marketing purposes
- The role of social media in the development of our own professional networks
Get extra benefits, upgrade this course. For $79 you’ll get:
Upgrading will mean you get unlimited access to the course.
If you’re taking a course for free you have access to the course for its duration + 14 days, regardless of when you join. If you upgrade the course you have access for as long as the course exists on FutureLearn.
A Certificate of Achievement
Upgrading means you’ll receive a Certificate of Achievement when you complete the course.
To receive a Certificate of Achievement you need to mark 90% of the steps on the course as complete.
Share this course
Use the hashtag #FLsocialmedia to join and contribute to social media conversations about this course