Journey travelled - week 1
Phew, it’s the end of the first week and time for a breather! A lot of ground has been covered so far. Indeed, one of the most important aspects of any learning is to think about what you knew at the start and what you now know. Take a minute to reflect.
What we’ve covered so far:
- The positive and negative effects of sport
- The theory and history of sport and development
- Key cross-cutting themes
- Key international development policies and plans (SDGs + Kazan)
- Initial steps in creating a theory of change
You’ve also learned that while sport can’t change the whole world, it can be used as an effective tool to support change. But this isn’t everything required to make a successful sport and development initiative happen. This is only the beginning!
Over the next few weeks, we will build on these foundations to introduce:
- Week 2 - strategy and policy development
- Week 3 - programme design, and monitoring and evaluating impact
- Week 4 - bringing people along with you to make lasting change
Lets move on to explore what makes a good strategy.