Has your Theory of Change changed?
Iterative review of your initiative design is crucial throughout the full lifetime of your initiative. It’s never too early to start reflecting and refining.
You now have a broad understanding of the policy landscape, how to bring about change, complexity and societal-context dimensions. You’ve reflected on how others have created and implemented policies around the world and how policy decisions and biases can have implications for those on the ground.
Take a look at the Theory of Change (ToC) you created in Week 1 and reflect on some of the new aspects covered this week.
- People centred and co-design approaches
- Dimensions highlighted through your situation analysis
- How you might measure change
- Effective implementation
- Strategic alignment and coherence
Thinking more specifically about policy, strategy and governance, and with your specific initiative in mind:
- What are some of the key policy components to include?
- Are there any specific local policy requirements, either at organisation or national level?
- Any areas where policy might be useful or an existing policy utilised?
- How will this impact your implementation methodology?
Update your ToC accordingly and share any interesting reflections you have with others on the discussion board.