Journey travelled - week 2
You’ve reached the end of Week 2, well done!
Week 2 covered quite a few concepts, so let’s take a moment to reflect on the progress made - you’re already half-way through the course.
What we’ve covered this week:
- What sport policy is and who it is for
- Key components of good policy
- Global frameworks and policy coherence
- Developing an inclusive mindset
- Creating a situation analysis
You’ve also learned how policymakers around the world are using sport to effect change, and where sport doesn’t work as effectively.
Getting into the habit of reflecting on your Theory of Change throughout the journey is really important - you will meet many excellent practitioners, hear about practice from around the world, and learn to think about the needs of the community you wish to engage with first, all of which are likely to shape your thinking and approach.
Remember to keep a record of any changes you make to your approach along the way - you might be surprised at how far you’ve come already!
Over the next few weeks, we will build on these foundations to introduce:
- Week 3 - programme design, and monitoring and evaluating impact
- Week 4 - bringing people along with you to make lasting change
Next up? Making change through effective programme design.