Skip to 0 minutes and 4 secondsHello, and welcome back. After last week, you're now familiar with the CoderDojo movement and what we're all about. This week, we'll be talking about what to look for in a venue for your Dojo, and how to find one, as well as where you might find mentors to help Ninjas develop their skills, and how they can best provide that help and encouragement. We'll also be looking at where to find those all important Ninjas for the Dojo. We're also going to discuss topics like safeguarding, an area that it's important to know about but, generally, not as intimidating as it sounds.
Skip to 0 minutes and 34 secondsWe'll look at the possibility of needing to fundraise for your Dojo, and how to keep track of attendees using our ticketing tool.
Welcome to Week 2
Welcome to Week 2 of the course! Let’s just quickly refresh what we talked about last week, and take a look at what we’ll be covering this week.
Last week you learned about:
- What coding is, and why learning to code matters
- The history of CoderDojo
- Why Ninjas attend Dojos, and the kinds of cool projects they make at them
- What CoderDojo’s underlying principles and beliefs are
- How to get involved with the worldwide CoderDojo community
- Where you can go for support and advice for your Dojo
This week we’ll be looking at:
- Who will be at your Dojo
- Building a team of volunteers
- Finding a venue for your Dojo
- Finding Ninjas to attend your Dojo
- Working with young people
- Building your first computer game!