Skip to 0 minutes and 0 secondsThanks for joining us this week to learn about the CoderDojo movement. We hope you found it interesting and that you got involved in the discussions throughout. Next week, we'll be learning about the day-to-day running of a Dojo, finding a venue, and building a team. See you then.
Recap and preview
That’s it for Week 1! Let’s look over what we’ve covered, and look forwards to what’s in store for you in Week 2.
This week you learned about:
- What coding is, and why learning to code matters
- The history of CoderDojo
- Why Ninjas attend Dojos, and the kinds of cool projects they make there
- What CoderDojo’s underlying principles and beliefs are
- How to get involved with the worldwide CoderDojo community
- Where you can go for support and advice for your Dojo
Next week you’ll get planning, as we look at:
- Who will be at your Dojo
- Building a team of volunteers
- Finding a venue for your Dojo
- Finding Ninjas to attend your Dojo
- Working with young people
- Building your first computer game!