Adapt a resource
Now we want you to think about how you would adapt one resource for a specific group of young people. You can choose your own resource or another from the resources Padlet.
If you are not working with a group of young people in the near future, use one of the following scenarios:
- A class of 8-9 year olds in a school in a rural location.
- A lunchtime club for 14-16year olds in an inner city school. 75% from an ethnic minority background.
- A scout/guides group of 12 year olds . Wide range of economic backgrounds and cultures.
- Download the checklist of questions to help you review your resource.
- Go to the resources Padlet and select one resource.
- Identify the group of young people you will be volunteering with.
- Use the checklist to review the resource.
- In the discussion below, state what resource you looked at, what your scenario is and what you would do to adapt the resource. What might you need to ask the students or educator to help you use the resource effectively in a practical activity?
If you make changes to your resource, upload the adapted resource to the resources Padlet, Use the comment feature on Padlet to say why you adapted it the way you did.