- Duration3 weeks
- Weekly study2 hours
Study Medicine: Applying for Medical School and Becoming a Medical Student
Explore the prospect of a career in medicine with a leading UK medical school
Is a career in medicine right for you?
On this course, you’ll explore the process of becoming a doctor and learn what to expect from your time at medical school and beyond.
Alongside academic experts from the University of Glasgow who are well-versed in the requirements of medicine course applications, you’ll explore what personal attributes and experience will be helpful when applying to medical school.
As well as learning how to maximise your chance of getting a place on a medicine course, you’ll discover what it’s like to be a medical student, and explore the possible career path options once you’ve qualified.
- Introduction to studying medicine
- Overview of requirements for entry
- Maximising your chances of a place
- Studying at Medical School
- Overview of medical careers
When would you like to start?
Date to be announced
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Describe the basic components of applying to medical school
- Engage with other applicants and medical school staff
- Explore the different styles of learning and source of support in a medical curriculum
- Explore some of the career pathways that a doctor can pursue upon graduation
Who is the course for?
The University of Glasgow School of Medicine is one of the largest in Europe and this course offers anyone with an interest in studying medicine at university the chance to learn first-hand what to expect and how to improve their medical school application.
Who developed the course?
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLstudymedicine to talk about this course on social media.