Weekly study3 hours
Study UK: A Guide for Education Agents
This course isn't running right now. We can email you when it starts again, or check out these other courses you might like.
Develop your knowledge of the UK higher education system.
This online course from Study UK will provide international education agents with training and advice on all aspects of UK education. Further information is included around becoming a professional education agent for the UK if relevant for you.
It will develop your knowledge of:
- the UK education and training system
- the attractions for students in the UK
- quality assurance systems and how they operate
- student lifestyle issues
- welfare and support for international students
- application processes and entry requirements
Date to be announced
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify the main aspects of UK education and quality assurance
- Collaborate with and learn from peers by engaging with communities of practice
- Explore key resources for counselling students
- Identify aspects of your professional practice to develop
- Explore key areas of ethical conduct for agents, advisors and counsellors
- Demonstrate understanding of specialist entry applications
Who is the course for?
As an education agent training course, it is designed primarily for those advising students looking to come to the UK to study, including education agents, recruitment professionals, school counsellors and those interested in becoming education agents. Potential students and learners who are interested in coming to the UK to study will also find the course informative and useful. English at level B1 on the CEFR is required.
Who developed the course?
The British Council builds connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and other countries through arts and culture, education and the English language.
We work on the ground in more than 100 countries. In 2019-20 we connected with 80 million people directly and with 791 million people overall, including online and through our broadcasts and publications.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.