Looking ahead to next week
Thanks to all our learners for their comments in the first week of Strategies for Successful Ageing. We have been bowled over by the range and number of comments both on the welcome page and within the different steps.
Many of you agree that there is no such thing as a typical older person, and have posted wonderful links which show this. Check out those who are challenging commonly held notions of ageing. Thanks to the community of learners who added these resources to the course:
Next week we will be looking at strategies for Being Well.
- We will examine what quality of life means and how current research defines this concept.
- We will also be looking at the good news on brain ageing and present strategies for combating depression and managing worry.
- You will have the opportunity to map your wellbeing over time.
- By the end of the week, you will have strategies for maintaining intimacy and relationships.
- Additionally, we will discuss how to connect with your health care provider.
We are really looking forward to the second week where we will be focusing on strategies for improving mental health and wellbeing as you get older.
Remember, you can return to the course at any time and you are not limited to completing the course within five weeks.
© Trinity College Dublin