Skip to 0 minutes and 1 second [musica] Goji berries, quinoa, green tea Superfoods are everywhere! But what are they? Can they improve our health or is superfood just a marketing term, with little meaning behind it? During the course we will talk about a few selected superfoods And discuss the many myths surrounding them Are they always safe? Do their antioxidant properties matter? Are gluten free superfoods a valid alternative to grains? Discussions and polls Will allow you to share your thoughts and your ideas about superfoods with your fellow students and instructors. So, if you want to learn more about superfoods and their characteristics, join us!
Explore the definition and impact of superfoods
Goji berries, quinoa, amaranth and green tea are all foods that have been labelled ‘superfoods’. But what does this superfood label actually mean?
On this course you will learn about the definition of a ‘superfood’. You will consider the biological, neuroscientific and social aspects of superfoods. Developing your critical abilities, you will also evaluate the impact of the superfood phenomenon on society and the economy.
- What is a superfood?
- Are superfoods different from functional foods and nutraceuticals?
- How can we critically evaluate superfoods and their role in our diet?
- Are there dangers connected to superfoods intake?
- Can superfoods have a role in special diets?
When would you like to start?
Start straight away and learn at your own pace. If the course hasn’t started yet you’ll see the future date listed below.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explain what the "superfood" label means
- Describe the role of superfoods and their alternatives in a healthy diet
- Compare nutritional values of “superfoods” and some of their alternatives
- Reflect on the social aspects of superfoods production
- Describe some mechanisms through which superfoods can be beneficial for our health
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone interested in diet, psychology, health and ‘superfoods’. You don’t need any previous experience.
Get a taste of this course
Find out what this course is like by previewing some of the course steps before you join:
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLsuperfoods to talk about this course on social media.