What topics will you cover?
- The definition and recognition of long term conditions, such as rheumatoid arthritis.
- The impact of long term conditions on patients, carers and health services in a global context.
- The links between long term conditions and mental health.
- Requirements to foster psychological well-being when living with a long term condition.
- The importance of patient-centred care, goal setting and shared decision making and how to support them.
- Definitions of telehealth and telemedicine, and how they could be used to help patients with long term conditions.
- Advantages, disadvantages and barriers to using telehealth with patients living with long term conditions.
- The effects of long term conditions on families and carers.
- Long term conditions in the context of a complex health system.
When would you like to start?
What will you achieve?
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for healthcare professionals, but will also be helpful for those with an academic or personal interest in supporting people living with long-term conditions.
Get extra benefits, upgrade this course. For $94 you’ll get:
Upgrading will mean you get unlimited access to the course.
If you’re taking a course for free you have access to the course for its duration + 14 days, regardless of when you join. If you upgrade the course you have access for as long as the course exists on FutureLearn.
A Certificate of Achievement
Upgrading means you’ll receive a Certificate of Achievement when you complete the course.
To receive a Certificate of Achievement you need to mark 90% of the steps on the course as complete.
Share this course
Use the hashtag #FLsupportingLTC to join and contribute to social media conversations about this course