What topics will you cover?
- The definition and recognition of long term conditions, such as rheumatoid arthritis.
- The impact of long term conditions on patients, carers and health services in a global context.
- The links between long term conditions and mental health.
- Requirements to foster psychological well-being when living with a long term condition.
- The importance of patient-centred care, goal setting and shared decision making and how to support them.
- Definitions of telehealth and telemedicine, and how they could be used to help patients with long term conditions.
- Advantages, disadvantages and barriers to using telehealth with patients living with long term conditions.
- The effects of long term conditions on families and carers.
- Long term conditions in the context of a complex health system.
Get extra benefits, upgrade this course. For $94 you’ll get:
Upgrading will mean you get unlimited access to the course.
If you’re taking a course for free you have access to the course for its duration + 14 days, regardless of when you join. If you upgrade the course you have access for as long as the course exists on FutureLearn.
A Certificate of Achievement
Upgrading means you’ll receive a Certificate of Achievement when you complete the course.
To receive a Certificate of Achievement you need to mark 90% of the steps on the course as complete.
Share this course
Use the hashtag #FLsupportingLTC to join and contribute to social media conversations about this course