Farm to Fork: Sustainable Food Production in a Changing Environment
Discover food supply chains from farm to fork
Please note this course runs without facilitation
How does food reach our plates? How is the food industry changing? What threats are there to food supply chains? How can we build a sustainable food industry?
Get answers to these questions and more with this course that explores food and agriculture in the modern world. You will learn about the complexity of the global food supply chain, the vulnerability of the food industry to emerging threats and the solutions to stopping these threats early. You will also consider the issues surrounding production of food of animal origin.
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Discuss the interconnected one health approach to food production from farm to fork
- Illustrate knowledge and skills required to evaluate current and emerging risks to food safety and relate these to potential threats to human/animal health and global food security highlighting solutions to the issues
- Demonstrate the ability to critically assess the range of emerging risks that may be introduced during food production and manufacture systems and determine their potential impact on food safety and consumer health
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the range and types of food insecurity affecting food safety, traceability and authenticity, and the regulatory requirements and challenges to the maintenance of food quality/safety
- Examine the ethical & bioethical constraints of the food chain: at the crossroads of objects, subjects, regulations, institutions & governments
- Encourage pursuit of a career in research, industry or entrepreneurship related to the food industry sector by showcasing the rising star companies.
Who is the course for?
This course is for people looking for an introduction to food supply chains and the future of agriculture - it’s ideal for students and young people looking to learn more about careers in the food industry.
If you’re looking to expand your knowledge on this topic, you might also find of interest the following EIT Food courses on sustainable food production and circular economy principles:
Endorsers and supporters
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.