Weekly study1 hour
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Extra BenefitsFrom $94
TARGET Antibiotics – Prescribing in Primary Care
Discover ideas about how to optimise prescribing in Primary Care
Antimicrobial resistance is a growing problem and everyone can play a part in tackling this issue.
This course will look at many aspects of antibiotic prescribing in Primary Care from prescribing for urinary tract infections through to managing patient expectations.
By the end of the course you will have an understanding of how to apply practical antimicrobial stewardship strategies in your practice.
The course covers:
- Introduction to Antimicrobial Resistance in Primary Care
- Prescribing in Urinary Tract Infections
- Assessing the Need for Antibiotics
- Managing Patient Expectations and Back up/Delayed Prescribing
- Antibiotics for Children
- Common Practice Approach
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore data sources to understand your practice antibiotic usage and tips for conducting an audit
- Improve prescribing practice for patients with suspected Urinary Tract Infections
- Discuss ways to manage patient expectations with regard to antibiotic prescriptions
- Identify ways in which back up prescribing can assist your practice
- Evaluate approaches to the prescribing of antibiotics for children
- Demonstrate the value of a whole team approach to antimicrobial stewardship
- Assess the importance of antimicrobial stewardship
Who is the course for?
This course is aimed at primary care healthcare professionals who are involved in the treatment of common infections.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Get a taste of this course
Find out what this course is like by previewing some of the course steps before you join:
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.