What topics will you cover?
- What are targeted treatments and how are they used today
- Biological concepts behind targeted cancer treatments
- Cell communication and cancer
- Treatments for solid tumours that block cell communication pathways (monoclonal antibodies and kinase inhibitors)
- Communicating to patients about targeted cancer treatments
- Side effects of treatments and how they impact patients’ quality of life
- The unique properties of blood cancers and the targeted therapies used to treat them
- The relationship between cancer and the immune system
- Various immunotherapy strategies including checkpoint inhibitors, adoptive cell transfer and cancer treatment vaccines
- How immunotherapy is reported in the news and managing patient expectations of treatment
- The challenges of drug resistance and the implementation of biomarker tests
- The future of targeted cancer treatments
Get extra benefits, upgrade this course. For $94 you’ll get:
Upgrading will mean you get unlimited access to the course.
If you’re taking a course for free you have access to the course for its duration + 14 days, regardless of when you join. If you upgrade the course you have access for as long as the course exists on FutureLearn.
A Certificate of Achievement
Upgrading means you’ll receive a Certificate of Achievement when you complete the course.
To receive a Certificate of Achievement you need to mark 90% of the steps on the course as complete.
Share this course
Use the hashtag #FLCancerTreatments to join and contribute to social media conversations about this course