Discover practical ways to teach and support your students online
As the coronavirus pandemic spreads, there has been an increasing move towards teaching online as schools and universities shut.
Even for experienced practitioners, this situation presents challenges. However, with the right knowledge, you can overcome the hurdles presented by teaching online and embrace its possibilities.
On this course, you’ll be given practical steps towards online teaching and student support. You can reflect on your own work, adapt your approaches, and share your stories with a global community of educators who’ll help you to get started and keep going in uncertain times.
When would you like to start?
Most FutureLearn courses run multiple times. Every run of a course has a set start date but you can join it and work through it after it starts. Find out more
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Develop plans to set your students up for success
- Create and share approaches and techniques for maintaining continuity while moving teaching and learning online
- Discuss the benefits and challenges of moving classes from face-to-face to online
- Identify techniques and approaches for engaging your students online
- Adapt your practice to the online context
- Collect, review and evaluate student feedback on your new approaches
- Discuss how to manage the personal impact of teaching online
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for educators, teachers, lecturers, and trainers who have to rapidly move from face-to-face to online teaching in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
See all FutureLearn Reviews
FutureLearn are offering everyone who joins this course a free digital upgrade, so that you can experience the full benefits of studying online for free. This means that you get:
Get a taste of this course
Find out what this course is like by previewing some of the course steps before you join:
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLteachonline to talk about this course on social media.