What topics will you cover?
Week 1: Introduction to the computing curriculum
- The computing curriculum
- Talking about computing
Week 2: Learning and teaching in computing
- What happens in computing lessons?
- Pupil learning in action
- Teaching computing in action
- What have you got planned?
Week 3: Subject knowledge
- Subject knowledge - computer science
- Subject knowledge - digital literacy and ICT
Week 4: Assessing pupil learning
- The practical issues of assessment
- Grading pupil work
- Expectations of computing
Week 5: Digital citizenship & scholarship
- The internet
- Digital Citizens and Scholars
Week 6: Next steps in teaching computing
- Subject leadership and whole school issues in computing
- Peer review activity
When would you like to start?
What will you achieve?
Who is the course for?
This course is for primary and secondary school teachers who are tackling the new Computing curriculum. It will be especially useful for those teaching Key Stage 2 and Key Stage 3, although you are also welcome to join the course even if you’re not a teacher.
Buy a personalised, digital and printed certificate and transcript
Certificate of Achievement + transcript £59.00
Statement of Participation £34.00
Charges to your account will be made in GBP. Prices in local currency are provided as a convenience and are only an estimate based on current exchange rates.
Share this course
Use the hashtag #FLTeachComp to join and contribute to social media conversations about this course