Improve your English lesson planning and explore teaching with technology
Effective lesson planning will help your English students get the most from your classes.
On this teaching English course, you will look at four professional practices, share your own experiences, and apply what you’ve learnt to your CPD.
As you explore the key components of lesson planning, you’ll learn the importance of relationship-building and using technology to engage and support your students.
You’ll also learn the best ways to manage your lessons and make the most of any teaching resources available to you.
- Learner motivation.
- Building rapport.
- Getting learners talking.
Planning lessons and courses
- Why and how do teachers plan lessons and courses.
- What are the key factors to consider?
- Identifying aims and stages in your own and others’ lessons.
- Making the most of the resources available to you.
- The role of technology.
- Using flashcards and realia.
- Boardwork, Sharing resources with others.
Managing the lesson
- Factors that influence learning.
- Teacher language and the use of L1.
- Pair and group work.
- Engaging learners.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Compare teaching approaches and experience with others from around the world.
- Reflect on the factors involved in learner motivation and consider the implications for our teaching practice.
- Identify and value diversity, and apply strategies to promote inclusive education.
- Reflect on your approach to lesson planning and the factors that inform your planning decisions.
- Interpret other teachers' approaches and decision making.
- Identify appropriate teaching resources and assess their effectiveness.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for English language teachers around the world who want to improve their teaching methods and lesson planning.
You could be teaching at a primary, secondary, or higher education level.
Get a taste of this course
Find out what this course is like by previewing some of the course steps before you join:
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLgreatlessons to talk about this course on social media.