Reflecting on your professional development
Well done for reaching the final part of the course, where you’ll review your learning and record your professional development.
This step focuses on your reflection grids and revisits your self-audit tasks. In the next step you’ll be able to ask any outstanding questions directly to the course authors (or if you are joining us later, watch their responses to other learners). The final step of the course explains how to claim your STEM Certificate and the next steps for your professional development.
Final reflection grid
Take a moment now to complete your final weekly reflection grid for this course.
Your reflecting grids and your self-audit provide useful evidence to record and show your professional development. You can take any remaining questions from your reflection grids to the Q&A on the next step.
Now you have completed the course, you should be able to:
- Design an approach to teaching secondary science, with offline and online activities to support students learning from home
- Evaluate a range of teaching strategies and tools, appropriate to your teaching context and teaching remotely
- Develop assessment and feedback opportunities to support home learning
- Reflect on the role of parents in supporting home learning
If you haven’t focused on all these outcomes, we welcome you to take the course again in the future. The self-audit task below will help you assess your progress against these outcomes.
How has your practice changed?
Re-visit the self-audit task from the start of the course. The post-course self-audit will help you consider how your practice and thinking about Teaching for Home Learning: Secondary Science have changed.
- Access the self-audit task and complete it.
- At the end of the survey, click My responses.
- Click Download as PDF.
- Save the PDF where you will be able to retrieve it as evidence of your development on this course.
Based upon your responses, you may have identified where you wish to focus your professional development next. We’ll help you to find your next CPD activity in the final step of the course.
After completing the reflection tasks above, identify one aspect of your practice you have developed the most and one aspect you wish to further develop. Share these in the comments below.
© National STEM Learning Centre