- Duration4 weeks
- Weekly study2 hours
- Extra BenefitsFrom $44
Teaching Programming in Primary Schools
Understand key programming concepts and apply them using Scratch.
This free online course will provide a comprehensive introduction to programming, designed for non-subject-specialist primary or K-5 teachers.
Over four weeks, we’ll introduce you to key programming concepts. You’ll have the chance to apply your understanding of them through projects, both unplugged and on a computer, using Scratch as the programming language. You’ll discover common mistakes and pitfalls, and develop strategies to fix them.
When would you like to start?
Start straight away and learn at your own pace. If the course hasn’t started yet you’ll see the future date listed below.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explain key programming concepts; algorithms, sequencing, repetition, variables and selection.
- Produce programs using the Scratch programming language.
- Reflect on your learning and create ideas for your classroom practise.
- Explore programming concepts through projects, both unplugged and digital.
- Apply a cross curricular approach to programming.
Who is the course for?
Teaching Programming in Primary Schools is designed for non-subject-specialist primary or K-5 teachers. You do not need any prior experience of programming to take part.
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
for one year
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #RPiLearn to talk about this course on social media.