Explore the practice and theory of online teaching
Many teachers have recently found themselves having to adapt quickly to dramatically different teaching contexts in response to the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic, which has resulted in widespread school, college, and university closures.
On this course from the British Council, you’ll explore online teaching in both theory and practice – how to plan accessible online lessons and assessments, what online safety looks like, and how best to build relationships with young learners.
You’ll come away understanding how to include and engage learners online, both in synchronous and asynchronous environments.
When would you like to start?
Start straight away and learn at your own pace. If the course hasn’t started yet you’ll see the future date listed below.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify how to build relationships with learners, between learners and with parents, and be present and supportive when teaching online
- Know how to include and engage learners online both in synchronous and asynchronous environments
- Understand privacy and safety issues online and how to help learners and parents think critically about online risks and behaviour
- Evaluate the opportunities and challenges associated with different tools and modes of online teaching and learning
- Apply principles of English language lesson planning to online teaching
- Develop and share techniques for language and skills teaching and assessment online
- Apply and practise how to manage online interactions effectively
Who is the course for?
This course is for English language teachers, teaching young learners (5-17) in an online environment. Experience of teaching in online contexts is not essential and both experienced and novice online teachers will benefit.
While most of the context is based around English language learning, teachers of other subjects will also find the course valuable, as the principles of English language lesson planning apply to online teaching in general.
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
for one year
Buy Unlimited and you will get: