Build a tower!
In the following exercise you will build a tower. The challenge is to build the tallest free-standing tower with limited resources. You can also play this as a team. Its fun, and a deeper learning will be revealed at he end.
Prepare some ingredients:
* 1 Marshmallow (eat the rest of the bag), * 20 spaghetti, * 1 meter of string (wool is good), * 1 meter of sticky tape (single side sticky, min 10mm wide, masking tape (easy to tear). Regular Scotch tape is good, too.
- Prepare some tools: 1 pair of scissors, 1 measuring tape
- Your challenge: use these ingredients to build the tallest free-standing tower. You can play this as a team
- Do not suspend the tower from a taller structure („freestanding“).
- Entire (!) Marshmallow must be on top of the structure.
- Use all or parts of the ingredients, either as a whole or cut-up.
- You have 18 minutes to build!
- Play! Its most fun in a competition.
- After 18 minutes, measure the size of your structure (if it is still standing!).
- Upload a picture of your tower at www.padlet.com
© University of Twente