- Duration2 weeks
- Weekly study3 hours
- 100% onlineTry this course for free
- Extra BenefitsFrom $74
The Evolution of Management and Leadership Theory
Discover your leadership qualities
Are leaders born or made?
On this short course, you will have the opportunity to examine the evolution of leadership theory by exploring the key concepts of leadership.
You will also have the chance to discuss and investigate the differences between leaders and managers and assess your own leadership qualities through leadership questionnaires.
- What is leadership?
- The evolution of leadership theory
- Assigned versus emergent leadership
- The relationship between power and leadership
- Identifying the difference between leader and manager
- The Leadership Trait Questionnaire
When would you like to start?
Start straight away and learn at your own pace. If the course hasn’t started yet you’ll see the future date listed below.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore the fundamental concepts of leadership and the evolution of leadership theory
- Identify the differences between a leader and a manager
- Assess your own leadership qualities
Who is the course for?
This course is for those who want to progress into a leadership role in their company or career, and for those looking for leadership skills as part of their continued professional development.
Please note that the individuals listed below in the “Who will you learn with” section may be subject to change.
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
for one year
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
What's different about this course?
Since 2017 you have been able to take a degree on FutureLearn. This free course is a bit like a starter course for a degree — it should give you a flavour of the degree subject but can also be your first step towards a degree qualification.
If you enjoy this course you can apply to join the program it’s part of to start working towards a degree on FutureLearn.
Don’t worry, you can still take the course without doing a full degree!