This course is part of the Future of Fashion and Media with Condé Nast ExpertTrack
The Future of Fashion
Discover the trends that are shaping the future of fashion and the skills and people brands need to effectively respond to change.
Weekly study3 hours
100% onlineHow it works
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 1 of 5
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/monthFind out more
The Future of Fashion
Gain expert insider knowledge about the evolution of the fashion industry
Global fashion retail sales are expected to reach $3 trillion by 2030, but for brands to keep up with this growth, they must know how to respond to global trends.
On this three-week course, you’ll learn how the fashion industry continues to evolve and adapt and how this can help us predict the future of fashion.
You’ll explore how the industry works and operates with insights from industry experts and academics from the creators of Vogue, GQ, and WIRED.
Examine the fashion system and key fashion trends
You’ll examine an up-to-date overview of the fashion industry to understand where the sector currently stands before learning about the key trends that look set to shape its future.
With an enhanced understanding of the fashion system, you’ll then explore concepts such as Drop Culture, See Now Buy Now, and Direct to Consumer to build your knowledge on customer behaviours.
Learn fashion forecasting from the pros
In an ever-changing and dynamic industry, fashion brands must prepare and adapt for new global trends. Fashion forecasting is imperative for brands who want to successfully respond and plan for change.
You’ll examine the use of short and long-term forecasting as well as prediction insights before practising applying insights to help solve industry problems.
Consider how technology impacts the fashion industry
The acceleration of technological advancement has undoubtedly impacted the fashion industry.
You’ll explore how technology has affected fashion through concepts such as digital fashion shows, before examining how technology could further impact the industry.
Finally, you’ll develop your own ideas and produce creative pieces of work as you put into practice everything you have learned.
What topics will you cover?
- Global Issues that Affect the Fashion Industry
- Short & Long Term Forecasting
- Drop Culture & Current Trends
- Potential Developments within the Fashion Industry
Prove you're job ready
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Develop an understanding of global issues that affect and are affected by the fashion industry.
- Explore how the fashion industry works, how the fashion system operates and how it might develop in the future.
- Develop short and long term forecasting and prediction insights and practise applying insights to industry problems.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone wanting to learn more about the future of the fashion industry and key global trends.
This is an introductory course suitable for anyone with an interest in fashion, styling, marketing, and the media.
Who developed the course?
Condé Nast College
The Condé Nast College of Fashion & Design provides students with world-class education both online and in the heart of London. In preparing students for a career in the fashion, media and luxury lifestyle industries, we open the doors to a unique world of excellence and creativity.
Start learning today - free 7-day trial
After your free trial you can:
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends
Learning on FutureLearn
Your learning, your rules
- Courses are split into weeks, activities, and steps to help you keep track of your learning
- Learn through a mix of bite-sized videos, long- and short-form articles, audio, and practical activities
- Stay motivated by using the Progress page to keep track of your step completion and assessment scores
Join a global classroom
- Experience the power of social learning, and get inspired by an international network of learners
- Share ideas with your peers and course educators on every step of the course
- Join the conversation by reading, @ing, liking, bookmarking, and replying to comments from others
Map your progress
- As you work through the course, use notifications and the Progress page to guide your learning
- Whenever you’re ready, mark each step as complete, you’re in control
- Complete 90% of course steps and all of the assessments to earn your certificate
Want to know more about learning on FutureLearn? Using FutureLearn
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.