What topics will you cover?
- DNA, genes, chromosomes and the human genome;
- Normal genetic variation;
- Genetic variation and disease: genetic mutations and chromosome abnormalities;
- The inheritance of genetic conditions;
- Emerging genomic technologies including next generation sequencing;
- The interpretation of genomic data;
- The application of genomics to clinical practice;
- Communicating genomic information to patients;
- The legal and ethical implications associated with the use of genomic data.
When would you like to start?
What will you achieve?
Who is the course for?
This course is aimed at current healthcare professionals, who are interested in learning more about the fundamentals of genetics and how genomic technologies are transforming medical practice.
It is not essential to have previous genetic knowledge or experience, although medical terminology is used and the course is designed to be applicable to clinical practice.
Who will you learn with?
Buy a personalised, digital and printed certificate and transcript
Certificate of Achievement + transcript £79.00
Statement of Participation £34.00
Charges to your account will be made in GBP. Prices in local currency are provided as a convenience and are only an estimate based on current exchange rates.
Share this course
Use the hashtag #FLgenomics to join and contribute to social media conversations about this course