- Duration2 weeks
- Weekly study8 hours
The Implications of the Concept of Equity in Health Policy
How can health policy design resolve dilemmas in the health sector?
This short course will give you the opportunity to understand the implications of the concept of equity in health policy. You will have the opportunity to consider how health financing policies affect the achievement of key aims. You will also look at dimensions of health care systems including goals, organisational principles and equity of access.
- The concept of health equity
- Economics of health equity
- Equitable health policy
- The role of pro-poor health policies
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Demonstrate an understanding of how health financing policies affect the achievement of key aims such as efficiency, quality, sustainability, comprehensive healthcare coverage and equity of access to health services
- Evaluate health care systems critically in terms of their main features, goals, organisational principles, funding efficiency, equity of access, social protection and other dimensions
Who is the course for?
People with a background in healthcare who want to progress into middle and senior management.
Please note that the individuals detailed in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below, are current staff members and may be subject to change.