- Duration3 weeks
- Weekly study2 hours
Battery Manufacturing: Trends in Battery Engineering
This course isn't running right now. We can email you when it starts again, or check out these other courses you might like.
Understand the current trends and challenges in battery engineering
On this course, you’ll learn how sustainable batteries can play a vital role in a green economy.
The European Commission’s ‘A Clean Planet for all’ sets out a vision of a carbon-neutral economy by 2050. New advances in battery technology can make this a reality, and make battery engineering an exciting career path.
Learn about the importance of batteries for clean energy
Batteries are vital for a sustainable future because of the key part they play in stabilising the power grid and in powering electric vehicles.
You’ll learn exactly what the current trends in battery manufacturing are, and the different ways new batteries and storage technologies can aid clean energy in Europe’s automotive sector and beyond.
Explore new Li-ion battery technology trends
You’ll learn about cutting-edge Li-ion battery electrodes, and the new ways they could be applied in energy and industry.
You’ll also get an overview of the latest processes in cell manufacturing.
Examine recent safety issues in battery production and recycling
Battery recycling is a key component of sustainable battery engineering. You’ll identify how recycling can help secure sustainable materials for battery production.
You’ll also learn the latest in recycling technologies for Li-ion batteries, and ultimately be able to describe thermal runaway and important battery safety issues.
- Batteries for Electric Vehicles
- Battery Storage Technologies
- Battery Lifecycle
- Recycling of Batteries
- Special Processes and Equipment
- Safety Issues
Date to be announced
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explain current trends in battery manufacturing.
- Describe the manufacturing process of a battery cell.
- Describe battery safety issues (Short-circuit, Thermal runway and Thermal Propagation).
- Explore different applications of batteries.
- Describe several technical characteristics of Storage Technologies.
- Describe the basic functioning of lithium-ion batteries, their pros and cons.
- Explain the basic functioning of flow batteries, their pros and cons.
- Explain the basic functioning of supercapacitors, their pros and cons.
- Explain the basic functioning of lead acid batteries, their pros and cons.
- Identify the advantages of Li-ion batteries for Electric Vehicles.
- Explain pros and cons of the electrodes used in Li-ion batteries.
- Describe EV Battery Sustainability – Importance of Resource Extraction and Second-life.
- Explain recycling technologies for Lithium-ion batteries.
- Summarize General Concept of Life Cycle Assessment.
- Identify CO2e hot spots in battery production.
Who is the course for?
This course is for university students and young professionals, and would especially appeal to students studying engineering or professionals orientated to the manufacturing sector.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please enable all cookies and refresh the page to view this content.