- Duration2 weeks
- Weekly study3 hours
- 100% onlineTry this course for free
- Extra BenefitsFrom $79
Understanding Financial Statements
What is your financial statement trying to tell you?
Every business maintains financial records that help us to understand how well it’s doing. In this course, you’ll learn how to read them.
You’ll explore a range of financial statements - focusing on income statements, statements of financial position and cash flow statements. You’ll also investigate the different branches of accounting and learn to identify who else in the business uses this accounting information.
What do these statements contain? What do they reveal? Who makes use of them? This course will help you to answer these questions.
- Introduction to accounting and its branches
- Identifying different users of accounting information and their requirements
- Overview of financial statements
- Introduction to income statement
- Introduction to statement of financial position
- Introduction to cash flow statement
When would you like to start?
Start straight away and learn at your own pace. If the course hasn’t started yet you’ll see the future date listed below.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Investigate the different branches of accounting
- Identify the main users of accounting information and their requirements
- Explain the purpose of financial statements (income statement, statement of financial position and cash flow statement)
- Explore items typically included in each of the financial statements and their meaning
- Interpret financial statements for decision-making purposes
Who is the course for?
This course would suit anyone looking for additional basic accounting skills. These are skills that can help you make better decisions and advance in your career. It may be of particular interest to people in senior management and leadership roles, who lack an accounting background.
Please note that the staff described in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below may be subject to change.
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Advance your career with a degree
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #understandingfinancialstatements to talk about this course on social media.