IELTS Indicator - an online test to support you during the COVID-19 situation
Due to the Covid-19 situation, IELTS testing is suspended at the moment in many countries.
To address this, the IELTS partners (the British Council, IDP and Cambridge Assessment English) have introduced IELTS Indicator, an online test to help you move forward with your plans and applications for studying abroad during these challenging times.
Watch this short video to learn more.
This is an additional video, hosted on YouTube.
Benefits of IELTS Indicator
- IELTS Indicator is an official IELTS product you can trust
- The test includes all four skills – Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking
- It can be completed at home, online while IELTS testing is unavailable in your country
- Your performance is marked by official IELTS examiners
- You receive an indicative score for each section and an overall band score within seven days of taking the test
- Universities and educational institutions can use IELTS Indicator for application purposes
How to book
At the moment IELTS Indicator is available in the following countries:
Albania, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Egypt, France, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kosovo, Kuwait, Lebanon, Malaysia, Mauritius, Mexico, Montenegro, Myanmar, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nigeria, North Macedonia, Oman, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Switzerland, Thailand, Trinidad and Tobago, Turkey, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States of America, Uzbekistan, Vietnam and Zimbabwe.
It’s important to remember that IELTS Indicator is not a substitute for the in-person IELTS test, it’s a temporary solution while test centres are closed. Before you book, be sure to check with your university or educational institution if they will accept the result. Your university may still need you to take an in-person IELTS test at a test centre once testing starts up again, so make sure you ask them for full details of their requirements.
The test fee is 149 USD. If you are interested in taking IELTS Indicator, click here to find out more and book your test date.
© British Council