- Duration3 weeks
- Weekly study3 hours
- 100% onlineTry this course for free
- Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 3 of 4
- Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Understanding IELTS: Listening
Prepare for success in your IELTS Listening test
The four courses in the British Council’s Understanding IELTS ExpertTrack will give you a complete guide to everything you need to know as you prepare for the IELTS test.
This course focuses on the Listening test. You’ll explore the format of the test and develop learning strategies to help you tackle the different types of tasks you’ll meet.
You’ll also look at general English listening strategies that will help you cope with the kind of complex texts on unfamiliar topics that you’ll meet in your IELTS studies.
- The IELTS Listening test format
- IELTS Listening task types
- Listening skills and strategies
- Texts on unfamiliar topics
- What to expect on test day
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Create a shareable certificate link for your CV and LinkedIn.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Share your certificate
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore the IELTS Listening test and learn how to improve your test performance
- Develop learning strategies to help you tackle the different types of tasks you’ll meet
- Apply general English listening strategies that will help you deal with the kind of complex texts on unfamiliar topics that you’ll meet in your IELTS studies
- Develop confidence and feel fully prepared on the day of the test
Who is the course for?
This IELTS preparation course is aimed at anyone who wants to improve their English listening skills in preparation for the IELTS Listening test. It will also be useful for anyone preparing for another English proficiency listening test.
It might also be useful for IELTS teachers. There are no formal entry requirements.
The complete guide to IELTS preparation with advice, strategies and practice for all four parts of the test.