Weekly study3 hours
Understanding IELTS: Listening
Prepare for success in your IELTS Listening test
The four courses in the British Council’s Understanding IELTS ExpertTrack will give you a complete guide to everything you need to know as you prepare for the IELTS test.
This course focuses on the Listening test. You’ll explore the format of the test and develop learning strategies to help you tackle the different types of tasks you’ll meet.
You’ll also look at general English listening strategies that will help you cope with the kind of complex texts on unfamiliar topics that you’ll meet in your IELTS studies.
- The IELTS Listening test format
- IELTS Listening task types
- Listening skills and strategies
- Texts on unfamiliar topics
- What to expect on test day
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore the IELTS Listening test and learn how to improve your test performance
- Develop learning strategies to help you tackle the different types of tasks you’ll meet
- Apply general English listening strategies that will help you deal with the kind of complex texts on unfamiliar topics that you’ll meet in your IELTS studies
- Develop confidence and feel fully prepared on the day of the test
Who is the course for?
This IELTS preparation course is aimed at anyone who wants to improve their English listening skills in preparation for the IELTS Listening test. It will also be useful for anyone preparing for another English proficiency listening test.
It might also be useful for IELTS teachers. There are no formal entry requirements.
Who developed the course?
The British Council builds connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and other countries through arts and culture, education and the English language.
We work on the ground in more than 100 countries. In 2019-20 we connected with 80 million people directly and with 791 million people overall, including online and through our broadcasts and publications.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.