Weekly study3 hours
Understanding IELTS: Reading
Prepare for success in your IELTS Reading test
The four courses in the British Council’s Understanding IELTS ExpertTrack will give you a complete guide to everything you need to know as you prepare for the IELTS test.
This course focuses on the reading test. You’ll explore the format of the test and the kinds of text you need to read, and develop learning strategies to help you tackle the different task types, from multiple choice to true, false, and not given.
You’ll also look at general reading strategies that will help you cope with the kind of complex texts on unfamiliar topics that you’ll meet in your IELTS studies.
- The format of the IELTS Reading test
- All of the task types you’ll meet in the test
- Strategies to improve your reading comprehension
- Dealing with unfamiliar vocabulary
- Time management
- What to expect on test day
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore the IELTS Reading test format and learn about the different kinds of text you need to read
- Develop learning strategies to help you tackle the different task types, from multiple choice to true, false, and not given
- Apply techniques that will help you cope with the kind of complex texts on unfamiliar topics that you’ll meet in your IELTS studies
- Develop confidence, learn how to improve your test performance and feel fully prepared on test day
Who is the course for?
This IELTS preparation course is aimed at anyone who wants to improve their English reading skills in preparation for the IELTS Reading test. It might also be useful for IELTS teachers. There are no formal entry requirements.
Who developed the course?
The British Council builds connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and other countries through arts and culture, education and the English language.
We work on the ground in more than 100 countries. In 2019-20 we connected with 80 million people directly and with 791 million people overall, including online and through our broadcasts and publications.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.