- Duration3 weeks
- Weekly study3 hours
- 100% onlineTry this course for free
- Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 4 of 4
- Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Understanding IELTS: Speaking
Prepare for success in your IELTS Speaking test
The four courses in the British Council’s Understanding IELTS ExpertTrack give you a complete guide to everything you need to know as you prepare for the IELTS test.
This course focuses on the speaking test. You’ll look in detail at the three parts of the test and learn about the four criteria that will be used to assess your spoken English.
The tips and techniques will help you improve your English speaking and build techniques to help you succeed. Through practice activities, you’ll build confidence and feel fully prepared on test day.
- The IELTS Speaking test format
- The assessment criteria
- Understanding the task
- Building confidence
- Giving a talk
- What to expect on test day
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Create a shareable certificate link for your CV and LinkedIn.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Share your certificate
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore the IELTS Speaking test and learn how to improve your test performance
- Investigate in detail the three parts of the IELTS Speaking test and learn about the four criteria that will be used to assess your spoken English
- Apply techniques to improve your English speaking and to help you succeed
- Develop confidence and feel fully prepared on test day
Who is the course for?
This IELTS preparation course is aimed at anyone who wants to improve their English speaking skills in preparation for the IELTS Speaking test. It might also be useful for IELTS teachers. There are no formal entry requirements.
The complete guide to IELTS preparation with advice, strategies and practice for all four parts of the test.