- Duration3 weeks
- Weekly study3 hours
- 100% onlineTry this course for free
- Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 2 of 4
- Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Understanding IELTS: Writing
Prepare for success in your IELTS Writing test
The four courses in the British Council’s Understanding IELTS ExpertTracks give you a complete guide to everything you need to know as you prepare for the IELTS test.
This course focuses on the Academic Writing test. You’ll explore the test format and develop strategies for each type of task.
You’ll look at graphs and charts in Task One, how to approach the task and the language needed for a successful answer. You’ll examine Task Two questions and learn how to plan, write and check academic essays.
You’ll also look at the assessment criteria, what the examiner looks for and how to write successfully for IELTS.
- The IELTS Academic Writing test format
- The Academic Writing task types
- Graphs and charts - language for successful answers
- Planning, writing and checking an academic essay
- Assessment criteria
- What to expect on test day
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Create a shareable certificate link for your CV and LinkedIn.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Share your certificate
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore the IELTS Academic Writing test and develop strategies for each type of task
- Investigate the language needed for a successful answer in Task One
- Apply techniques to help you plan, write and check academic essays in Task Two
- Develop confidence, learn how to improve your test performance and feel fully prepared on the day of the test
Who is the course for?
This IELTS preparation course is aimed at anyone who wants to improve their English writing skills in preparation for the IELTS Academic Writing test. It will also be helpful if you’re preparing for the General Training test or the writing section of other English proficiency test.
The course might also be useful for IELTS teachers. There are no formal entry requirements.
The complete guide to IELTS preparation with advice, strategies and practice for all four parts of the test.