Understand upcycling, how to make upcycling products and start up a company
Have you ever turned unwanted objects or waste materials into entirely new products? Upcycling is the ideal way to combine creative ideas with a passion for sustainability and entrepreneurship.
On this course, you will learn how to apply the key concepts of upcycling to real-life practice. You will explore how to start upcycling, the link between upcycling and the Sustainable Development Goals, and learn about successful case study examples.
You will also get inspired by business upcycling ideas, receive guidance on how to start your own company, and learn how to fund and market your products.
What topics will you cover?
- Concept of upcycling
- How to start upcycling
- Upcycling approaches
- Upcycling clothes
- Upcycling furniture
- Environment and the Sustainable Development Goals
- How to set up an upcycling business
- Business ideas for upcycling
- How to get funding and marketise your products
When would you like to start?
Date to be announced
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Reflect on what upcycling is and its relation to sustainable development
- Explore how to evaluate upcycling in the context of global and local environmental problems
- Assess different ways of creating products out of trash
- Identify different upcycling business models
- Reflect on the steps to start up an upcycling company
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone looking to start their own upcycling company or who are interested in entrepreneurship, eco-friendly businesses and sustainability.