Weekly study4 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 1 of 3
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
UX Design Fundamentals: Business value through User Experience (UX) design
The world is moving online faster than ever, and a range of socio-technical and global factors have accelerated the shift to digital first for a range of economic, social and even political functions.
User experience (UX) designers have never been so in demand – yet there remains a significant shortage of qualified UX designers in countries including the UK, US and Australia.
As web, mobile and other digital products become ever more important to a company’s success, how can you make your mark in the field of UX design?
This self-paced UX design course will teach you everything you need to know to get your started as a digital designer.
Learn to understand the UX principles of design
This course will teach you the basics of UX design philosophy that all good digital designers follow. You’ll find out how to minimise a user’s ‘cognitive load’ (or effort exerted during a task) and decision-making time – and why users will stop looking at a website or digital product if it takes up too much of their time.
You’ll explore key principles such as hierarchy and information architecture, and find out how to put the user at the front of every design decision you make.
Discover the difference between UI and UX
What’s the key difference between UX and UI design? As more and more UX designers are required to display UI (user interface) design expertise, it’s vital to understand UX vs UI.
User interface design is essentially visual design (the look, feel and personality of a product) plus interaction design (how a user interacts with it) – the micro elements. You’ll learn how the ‘micro’ elements of UI exist within the big-picture ‘macro’ world of UX.
- Introduction to UX Design
- Foundations of UX Design and design thinking
- Inspiration and planning for a design challenge
- Conducting field research
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Articulate and analyse UX Design, Design Thinking and the importance of these concepts' relation and dependency
- Compare UX vs UI
- Articulate moments of UX and moments of UI
- Articulate key elements of an inspiration plan
- Identify the key elements of a roadmap
Who is the course for?
This course is ideal for developing theoretical and practical expertise in UX design.
You may be an entry-level or intermediate graphic or digital designer, a non-technical digital team leader or an aspiring product manager.
What software or tools do you need?
In this course, you will use Canva.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends