Weekly study3 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 5 of 6
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
UX Research at Scale: Surveys, Analytics, Online Testing
Discover how to create, analyse, and report on data from UX research surveys
UX surveys offer UX designers the chance to uncover user needs and user attitudes towards a product or system concept they use before connecting these needs to user characteristics.
This course, created and led by the University of Michigan, will help you build your skills in survey methodology for UX research.
Learn how to conduct UX research at scale
You’ll explore the basics of creating an effective UX survey, including when and how to use surveys, what questions to ask, who to ask, and how to take on research at scale.
As you learn how to conduct a survey of your own design, you’ll build your skills in developing A/B testing techniques as well as analysing and reporting on large scale UX surveys and unmoderated studies.
Use online surveys and web analytics to improve UX
The course will also introduce you to using web analytics to gain UX insights remotely from a large number of users.
As you learn more about behavioural analytics and preference testing, you’ll discover how to critique user surveys so that you can extract actionable insights to inform your UX design.
Explore the possibilities of remote testing
With the evolution of technology, UX researchers now have more opportunities to test and research products in new and exciting ways.
On this course, you’ll look at the different types of tests and data that remote testing can offer, as well as how to create successful remote studies that will yield actionable findings.
- When and How to Use Surveys
- Asking the Right People (Coverage Error)
- Getting Answers (Nonresponse error)
- Writing Questions (Measurement Error)
- About Research at Scale
- Behavioral Analytics
- Remote Testing
- A/B Testing and Preference Testing
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Describe how web analytics works and how to analyze analytics data
- Develop A-B tests, before/after, and multivariate experiments
- Design and analyze remote unmoderated testing studies
- Report on and analyze large scale user experience studies and learn about the different types and uses of surveys in UX research
- Assess the survey population: when to sample, when to recruit
- Develop a survey instrument that meets your requirements
- Report on and analyze surveys
- Assess user surveys
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone looking to gain experience in UX principles, techniques and processes, specifically in the areas of UX research and online UX testing at scale.
Who developed the course?
As the #1 public research university in the United States, U-M has been a leader in research, learning, and teaching for more than 200 years, with 102 Grad programs in the top 10 — U.S. News & World Report (2019).
LocationAnn Arbor, Michigan, USA
World rankingTop 30Source: Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends